10-02-2015: Core Spring Course - Stockholm
Core Spring Course (4 days)
In this course, students build a Spring- powered JEE application that demonstrates the Spring Framework in an intensely productive, hands-on exercise. Completion of this course gives participants the opportunity to take a SpringSource Certified Professional Exam.
Software developers and architects who are interested in Spring
We assume that participants have a good understanding of the core Java APIs , as well as a basic knowledge of general concepts like J2EE APIs such as JTA and the Servlet API. As we cover object- relational mapping technologies ( ORM ) we also assume basic knowledge of ORM concepts.
This course is 40% theory and 60% exercises.
In order to benefit from the course, you need a computer.
Core Spring includes
- Spring Lightweight Container Architecture , including Inversion of Control
- Agile design techniques with Spring
- Effective JDBC and Hibernate data access
- Declarative transaction management
- Pragmatic AOP
- Unit testing in isolation
- Fast integration test
- Introduction to " Spring Web "
- Web Services
- Spring Security
Day 1 - Spring Framework basics
- Introducing the lightweight container architecture and Spring Application Context
- How Dependency Injection and Test - Driven Development allows you to develop structured, flexible applications that are easy to test
- How Spring helps you write better, more cohesive code, with a discussion of relevant object-oriented design patterns
- Hands-on exercises based on a realistic business case, there is a general case in the exercise
Day 2 - Effective Middle-Tier Architecture
- Pragmatic Spring Aspect - Oriented Programming in the middle-tier, with examples and without buzzwords
- Effective persistence: how to build a persistence layer with Spring best practices
- Analysis and tradeoffs of relevant persistence strategies, including Hibernate and Spring JDBC
- Transaction management with Spring at the service layer
- Middle- tier unit and integration test strategies
Day 3 - Implementing Enterprise Information Connectivity
- Understanding ORM and Hibernate with Spring
- Configuring Spring -managed services for remoting without code
- Designing contract - first web services with Spring Web Services
Day 4 - Integration with Enterprise Services
- Understanding Spring Security and role - based access
- Spring JMX
- Configuring Message - Driven POJOs with Spring JMS
- Understanding SpringSource Enterprise Solutions
Stockholm - more details TBA
4 days, every day from 9:00 to 17:00
19.000 DKK + VAT. Course materials and course meals are included.