Kanban (KMP 1 n KMP2)
Managing the flow of work is essential to timely delivery with the minimal investment
In our Kanban Management Professional training courses, you will be invited to take a deep dive into the Kanban method. We will address all the foundational principles, and you will learn how to put them into practice in your daily work. We will do simulations and exercises to give you hands-on experiences so you can do it yourself afterwards.
The training is comprised of two separate courses. The first is the Kanban System Design, which results in the Kanban Management Professional 1 (KMP 1) certification.
The second, more advanced course is the Kanban Systems Improvement training. This is the KMP 2 class, and on completion, the full Kanban Management Professional certification will be awarded. This is an industry-recognised certification given by The Kanban University.
Each course is 2-days long when conducted in-person in a workshop setting.
The topics covered in the Kanban System Design (KMP 1) class include:
• What is Kanban, the background, the principles and the practices
• How to visualise work, identifying dysfunctions and issues
• Balancing demand v capacity
• Working with shifting priorities
• Dealing with interruptions and multitasking
• Design and build real Kanban systems as requested by the participants
• Using metrics and charts to improve process and delivery
• Identifying Classes of Services and defining Service Level Agreements
• Starting with Kanban using a system thinking approach: S.T.A.T.I.K.
• Experience a Full Kanban simulation
The topics covered in the Kanban System Improvement (KMP 2) class include:
• Basics of evolutionary change and why it is the preferred, humane approach
• Kanban cadences, essential feedback loops to grow, evolve and improve Kanban systems
• Learn techniques to provide effective forecasting and expectation management
• Effective techniques to manage priority decisions
• How to use Kanban systems effectively at different levels of the organisation
• Developing a service orientation mindset
• Learn the fundamental Kanban metrics to utilise them to make informed decisions
• Learn tools for balancing demand and capacity, including managing variability, improving flow, and shaping demand
Please note: to attend the Kanban System Improvement (KMP 2) training, the KMP 1 training must have already been completed. You must already poses the KMP 1 certification.
These courses are designed for any professional responsible for product/project delivery or part of a delivery or service team. Kanban works across all levels of an organisation, from senior members of staff to members of delivery teams and is appropriate for anyone wishing to improve their working environment and delivery capability.
These training courses are delivered using techniques from Accelerated Learning and Training for the Back of the Room, which maximises the retention of the participants. This training is not a lecture format, where a teacher talks and participants listen, it is a fully immersive and interactive 2-day learning experience.